TUITION POLICIES & REGISTRATION
Registration is confirmed once Absolute Dance Studio has received signed registration forms, registration fees, costume fees, theatre fees and full payment for all classes.
Registration Fees – All students/ non refundable
Single Dancer – $31.50
Family – $42.00
Registration fees are paid annually and are valid until July 31st of every dance season.
Theatre Fee – Applicable to any dancers participating in the recital / non refundable
$31.50 / dancer
PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR FULL YEAR CLASSES
Tuition may be paid by credit card, debit, cash (full year payment only) or post dated cheques. Your registration will be processed once all payments have been received. A $26.25 fee will be charged for all NSF cheques. If you have more than two NSF cheques, remaining class fees must be paid in full by credit card, money order or certified cheque. NSF fees must be cleared immediately otherwise the dancer may not continue in their class(es).
You may register in person during our office hours or by phone (full year payment only).
Online registration is only available for all sessional classes.
The following post-dated cheques are taken at the time of registration:
- September class fees and Registration fees – due at the time of registration
- Costume deposit post-dated for October 1st
- October through May class fees. (May and June fees are combined)
- Theatre fee post-dated for January 1st
Cheques can be written for the 1st of each month. No refunds will be given for any withdrawals after January 1st, unless documented medical reason has been provided.
Credit card, debit or cash is also accepted FULL YEAR PAYMENT ONLY – including registration fee, costume deposit(s) and theatre fee.
- Costume deposits are due at the time of registration. Cheques can be post dated for October 1st at which point it is non-refundable. This deposit does not include fees for props or accessories.
- If a dancer withdraws from a class after Oct 1st, not only is the costume fee non-refundable, dancers are subject to clear any remaining prop or accessory fees.
- All full year classes will have a costume deposit of $99.75 per discipline.
- All Competitive & Holiday Production students will have a costume deposit of $168.00 for each piece of choreography.
PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR SESSIONAL CLASSES
We accept credit card, debit, cash or cheque as payment for sessional classes. Each session must be paid in full. Registration fees are non-refundable and are valid until July 31st of every dance season. A $26.25 fee will be charged for all NSF cheques. If you have more than two NSF cheques, remaining class fees must be paid in full by credit card, money order or certified cheque. NSF fees must be cleared immediately otherwise the dancer may not continue in their class(es). Online registration is only available for sessional classes
- Registration and Theatre fees are non refundable.
- After Oct 1st, no costume deposits will be returned.
- The office must be notified in writing of any class changes (adding or dropping). Fees will be adjusted 1 MONTH after that date. All class changes must be made before October 1st.
- There will be no refunds for any withdrawals after January 1st.
- There will be no refunds for missed classes.
- Any outstanding invoices will result in a student not being able to participate in class.
- Any request for a receipt after the original has been provided will be charged a $5.25 administration fee.
DANCE CLASS CHANGE / WITHDRAWAL POLICY
A parent/guardian must give notice in writing when withdrawing from a class. Any adjustments made to a student’s schedule must be approved by administration and is subject to class availability. No changes can be made after Oct. 1st.
Our cancellation policy is one month. The following month(s) will be returned. No refunds will be issued after March 1st, unless documented medical reason has been provided. Any credits must be used within the same season for that same student/family.
A $53.50 administration fee will be charged for any Sessional Dance Classes if withdrawing before the start date. No refunds will be given once the session has begun unless written medical documentation has been provided.
GENERAL DANCE STUDIO RULES
- Attendance, Training & Technique is key.
- Respect for teachers, parents and peers will be expected always.
- Cliques or bullying will not be tolerated.
- This is your dance school. Please respect it as if it were your own home. Clean up after yourself and others by throwing all unwanted food and garbage in the many bins provided.
- Vandalism of any kind to the studio, posters, walls etc is grounds for dismissal.
- Theft of any kind at the dance studio will result in immediate dismissal.
- No swearing or foul language will be tolerated.
- The waiting areas are not to be used as a playground, for entertainment purposes or as an arena for critiquing the student and/or gossiping about others. Please be courteous and respectful.
- No food is allowed in any of the dance studios or change rooms or back hallways. Food is only permitted in the students lounge by the kitchen area. Water bottles are allowed and encouraged.
- No gum anywhere in the dance studio at anytime.
- No cell phones in the dance studio at anytime.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your class to warm-up.
- Students arriving late must check in at the front desk, at which point they will be escorted into their class. They will wait until the exercise is finished before entering the class. Please enter quickly and quietly so as not to disrupt the class.
- No outdoor shoes past the front lobby. Please store your shoes under the benches in the lobby. Do not leave them out for everyone to trip over. You are required to have clean, indoor shoes for Hip Hop.
- Students must be dressed in proper attire every class.
- Hair must be in a bun and away from the face for all classes except hip hop.
- No running in the studio, hanging off the barres or touching the mirrors.
- Please remember that jewelery, ipods and any other valuables should be left at home. Absolute Dance cannot be held responsible for them if they go missing. To avoid losses we recommend all belongings be labelled. Our lost & found box is located at the front entrance.